Saturday, July 23, 2005

KOOKY KOOT

The universe has once again intervened and connected me with my long time friend and first time mentor, Jon-Lee Kootnekoff, known in the early days as "Kooky Koot". Talk about "purposeful alignment".....Jon has been trying for some time to get a hold of me to invite me to a significant event in his life...the celebration of his 70th birthday. I will make every effort to be there, because not only do I want to re-connect to a very important person in my life, but it's an opportunity to be around fellow "enlightened travellers" on the same journey as yours truly.

If you are a regular reader on this site, you know I have been talking a lot about "purposeful alignment". I truly believe, and my past experiences have taught me, that nothing happens by accident. There is a reason for everything and a purpose to everything, and that purpose, if you let it, will serve you and connect you with the right people in right action. My call to Jon-Lee at this time and at this moment in my life was no accident. It is truly amzing the number of people that have surfaced that are e-mailing me after I told them I was writing a book called "Buddha in the Board Room", who have confessed to having felt the same way I do and never really being able to share their thoughts with anyone who really understood and got it.

This past week I sat down with a good friend of mine who I met professionally and co-hosted a radio show with. Bruce Stewart, who has agreed to write the forward to my book. Bruce was equally inspired to share his thoughts with me and offered to introduce me to a literary and speaking agent.

We are never alone on our journey if it is the "right" journey. I can guarantee you that when you make the "right" decisions about your livelihood and it is one of contribution and purpose, divine intervention will bring to you all manner of people and resources to help you accomplish whatever it is you are doing for the highest good.

How does all this apply to business you might ask. Think of your clients and your customers as the universe, and if your sole motivation is to make money, they become just a means to an end. When they realize that and you've put money first and them second...they will abandon you. If your company is on a mission to make money first, bilk people second, and lie to shareholders, you will be plagued with setbacks, both moral and financial, and eventually be discovered and pay the ultimate price like Enron and WorldCom. Choose your path carefully and wisely and in the same way choose your business partners/associates and friends. Jim Rohn, a mentor of mine say's "You become the average of the five people you hang out with the most, so choose them carefully". You will become the average of them financially, spiritually, ethically and morally.

Buddha says: "If a man does something wrong, let him not do it again and again. Let him find no pleasure in his sin. Painful is the accumulation of wrongdoings. If a man do something good, let him do it again and again. Let him find joy in his good work. Joyful is the accumulation of good work."

BuddhaSpeaksBiz

No comments: